pondlife

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shooting the "Sin City Scene" tonight. I'm excited, we've been trying to shoot his scene since the first day of shooting and hopefully it will finally happen. Over the last few days I haven't done much apart from work and try and organise the shoot. The Chapel is a bust for Saturday as the Father at St. pat's is on holiday and St. Augistine's say they would have to ask their commitee, which means I'll get a "No" in about six months time. So I'm going to sneak some establishing church shots when we do the weding scene and shoot the stand off in Buffalo Joe's and try n light it so that I can make the entire background black in the edit so that it cuts from the church in a stylised way..

On another note that's not about "PondLife", I decided what my next film will be if I can do "Juliet..." first (a play I'm working on that is a Scottish version of Romeo & Juliet, with songs and cursing). I want to make a vampire movie. I just noticed that any vampire movie that has came out recently is all about the action. "Underworld 1 & 2", "Blade: all of them", etc. What happened to the funny but genuinely scary assed vampire movies of the 80's, man. The Lost Boys, Fright Night, The Monster Squad...to name a few. I wanna make one of those. Set in Glasgow, low budget, make the vampire a little more realistic but still gorey enough. Take The Lost Boys and cross it with She's All That and The Karate Kid and you have my next flick. So far simply entitled "Vampire Movie" But I'm working on that. I want to set the most part of the story in High School. Same old 80's story, a family move to a new town. Single Mum, Hot sister and younger comic geek brother and dog. The sister becomes the focus of our group of vampires and the hottest guy in the school also digs her. But which has her best interests at heart. Her younger brother and his new tearaway friend are the vampire experts who as usual click on faster than anyone else that something strange is afoot at the Circle K. The tagline would be "In High School...everyone's different". I've already written a gory killer beginning. I watched Lost Boy last night to remind myself of the goodness of those films. Watching it now it's so 80's camp and some parts make no sense, like why when Michael goes to see Star to ask what's happening to him (turning into a vampire), she says she wishes she could help him understand and then they have sex! What's that all about? Still, great movie though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home