pondlife

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rockstar is back!!! Woohoo!

For anyone who didn't watch Rockstar: INXS last year. It was the shit! It kicks ass of all crappy talent shows like American Idol and The X Factor. Anyway it's back on. This time it's Rockstar: Supernova. Tommy Lee (Drums, Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Bassist, Metallica) and Gilby Clark (Guitar, Guns 'n' Roses) have come together to find a singer for their new band; Supernova. Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke present. Sky One. Monday & Tuesday at 9pm. Watch it! It rocks!

As a side note it rocked so much last year that as a previously not bothered about INXS guy. I just (or Jen just) purchased two tickets to see INXS play the Glasgow Barrowlands in November. I'm also hoping to see the Goo Goo Dolls in September but they're playing Carling Academy (A.K.A: The worst venue ever).

Anyway, I have been re-decorating my room. Got a new carpet and everything and as a result I am getting a new PC table which is a corner one so i need to get an LCD monitor which means while my PC is out of commission I can't edit! Still hopeful of a September Premiere.

I'm also hoping to go back to school. Paisley Uni have some places left in clearance for their Cinema degree and if I take my "Freelance Skills" module before term starts (to complete my HND). Then I can skip to 3rd year. Yeeha!

I've done some more work on the website, which I hope to make a lot better. www.pondlife.moonfruit.com and I have a contact for a Stills Photographer who may be able to do our publicity stills. Also have some interest from Propeller TV, a SKY cable channel for Independent film. So that's all cool.

To keep up to date with our wonderful cast, we had a few drinks last week. Just myself, Jen B, Gareth, Catriona, Scott and David. It was good seeing the guys again. The discussion generally being about films, holidays, funding for "The Vampire Movie" and the thousands of promotional ideas Scott has.

The cast it would seem, have been busy. To the best of my knowledge...

Ross is busy working away and had an audition for "River City" recently.

Gareth can be found at the bottom of a bottle of rum on Isla de Muerte. Only kidding. He's working away and keeping his hair long for re-shoots. And has been busy writing material.

Chris has been the busiest of all. He's starred in a music video for "The Dykeenies", been in the T in the Park commercial, been to T in the Park (lol). Got the lead part in "The Journey" and "Night Is Day" ( a film and Series respectively, which are the project of another Scottish Director Fraser Coull. And funnily enough Ross was previously playing both of those parts. What a small world.) He also auditioned for a part in a Channel 4: 3 Minute Wonder "Mashed".

David is still taking his acting classes and enjoying them and is just back from a Wedding in France (Not his).

Catriona, I think is in Canada with her family just now.

Jen has joined United Casting and has since had auditons for Channel 4: 3 minute wonder "Mashed" and a part as an extra in "Rebus" (although it was postponed) and she also enquired about auditioning for "Night Is Day". She's also been in a lesbian film. Kidding, she played a lesbian in an educational film for Schools and stuff about sexuality and coming out and stuff. I think it might have been NHS funded but don't quote me on that.

Rachel G was just away in Nice for a few days. She's also in the new STV advert, she's on an excercise bike handing over a big "S". I just saw it last night.

Scott is going to be in a production of "Passing Places" in September in East Kilbride and is getting a business setup for his own production.

Shona is in LA working for her Uncle.

And Tony is actually alive! Tony McGeever or "heart-attack Tony" who we haven't seen or heard from since the last day of shooting, when he had just got out of hospital with chest pains. He wasn't at the wrap party or the drinks we had shortly after and all attempts to reach him have failed and then casual as you like he emails me and asks how America was. What a guy! Lol.

I was just thinking. Since March, which is 5 months away almost, me and Jen have made a feature film, travelled across America and painted a room (the latter being the hardest). That's a lot for 3 months. Even years always hold so much for me.

Anyway. Farewell and Adieu.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home