pondlife

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So what have I been doing since our return?

The answer: Trying to find a way back!

I love Scotland but honestly, even with all the idiots and the expensive antibiotics, America kicks ass. Nice weather, in general the people are so nice to you, no neds, all the kids hanging about in New York for example, probably holligans but they don't say a word to you as you walk by, they just get on with their thing. Nobody coming up to you asking for a chip or they'll stookie you. Even the homeless are straightforward they just look at you and say "hey, gimme a dollar man!". Maybe it was just the open road though, I swear there is no feeling in this world like it, that I have experienced. I feel like part of me has been missing since I got back (that'll be Frankie). it's so amazing the freedom you feel just driving down the highway all day, the beautiful sunsets and scenery and the feeling that you don't know where you are gonna stay that night, it could be anywhere, eating in diners, pulling in at gas stations for snacks, no work, no bills, no worries. It's..."hakuna mutata" lol.

Anyway work sucks and I found out our contract ends at end of July so I need a new job. But Jen saw an ad for Paisley Uni, who still have spaces on their Cinema course and Im gonna apply to finish my degree there and then me and Jen can hopefully graduate at the same time and then look into going to New York to stay. I haven't done any editing to the film as Im waiting to have a good wage so I can get a bigger hard drive to fit all the footage on.

Seen "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" last week, what a film, can't wait til the next one now. Also saw "Thankyou for Smoking" which is quite funny and has not a bad cast (Aaron Eckhart, William H Macy, Maria Bello, Robert Duvall, 'the guy that plase JJ Jameson in Spiderman', Katie Holmes) and other dudes I cant remember. Been chilling this week trying to catch up on the jet lag. Watched a documentary on the "Clerks" DVD about the whole film fro,m concept to distribution, it was quite cool and really inspired me with Pondlife. Also watched all the extras on "Mallrats" and a lot of interesting documentaries on the "Usual Suspects" DVD, what a film.

"And like that...he's gone".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home